Guy Mizrahi began his career in the late 1990s as a law clerk for an entertainment law firm. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Kim M. Wardlaw of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Upon graduation, Guy worked for a mid-size litigation firm specializing in product liability, professional negligence and personal injury. He later moved on to another firm focusing on a wide array of cases including consumer litigation, product liability, class actions, general negligence, premises liability, insurance matters, toxic tort, personal injury, real estate and business dispute matters.
Guy’s natural ability to understand both sides of every story has led him to being the voice of reason throughout his career. He has a multifaceted approach to mediation that varies based on the nature of the dispute and the needs of the parties. A business dispute among sophisticated parties may not require the same style of engagement as a conflict involving an individual and a large company.
Since 2002, Guy has been involved in hundreds of mediations as both an advocate and a neutral and has acquired the necessary skills to achieve settlements.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA
Juris Doctor, 2002
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Law and Society, 1998
Dean’s Honor Roll
Affiliations, Appointments & Training
- Southern California Mediation Association, Outreach Committee Member
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Mediating the Litigated Case, 2011
- Ventura County Superior Court Panel Appointed Mediator
- Former Los Angeles County Superior Court Panel Appointed Mediator
- Kaleidoscope Competence: An Essential Mediator Attribute, February 2012
- Employment Institute, May 2012
- Legal Nuts and Bolts for Mediators: Legal and Insurance Terms of Art and Settlement Strategies, October 2012
- Building Trust and Utilizing Personal Power in Mediation, November 2012
- Southern California Mediation Association Workshop: Let’s Make a Deal, November 2012
- Advanced Caucus Strategies: Impasse or Bad Behavior, November 2012
- Back to Beepers: Tips from the Masters on Personal Injury Without Court ADR, November 2013
- Let’s Get to Work: Current Trends in Mediating Employment Disputes, November 2013
- Managing Mediation Misconduct, November 2013